Which Types of Doors are Suitable for Warehouses or Factories?
These are some of the doors most suited to warehouse and factory environments:
Internal and external high speed doors
High speed doors feature automatic operation, offering rapid opening and closing which is beneficial in controlled environments. Benefits for factories and warehouses include:
- These doors can be used to provide compartmentalisation in refrigerated environments. Even if an environment does not need to be temperature controlled, high speed door operation will make factories and warehouses more energy efficient.
- Access control. Automatic speed doors enable simple access control and make buildings more secure. They are also ideal for use in high traffic areas where the flow of people or vehicles needs to be controlled.
- These will reduce noise, as well as providing dust and vermin control. External fast doors can also help to control odours and air pollution.
Fire shutters and doors
Fire rated shutters and doors will offer protection from 30 minutes up to four hours. They can improve safety in warehouses and factories, and can ensure fire safety standards are met when proper planning is adhered to.
Key benefits include:
- Automatic operation. Shutters will be automatically activated in the event of a fire.
- Custom made. Doors and shutters can be made to individual specifications, offering bespoke fire protection.
- Fully tested and certified. Hart Firebrand shutters are assessed and certified by the LPCB to BS EN 16034, and are tested to BS EN 1634-1 standards.
Industrial shutters and roller shutters
Shutters can be used in a wide variety of environments and they are manufactured to suit the specific opening.
Benefits for factories and warehouses include:
- Shutters are normally available in widths of up to 10m.
- Special features. There’s the option to incorporate light or heavy duty wind resistance, and shutters can be used for low or high volume operation – high speed shutters are available where required.
- Safety and security. Shutters enhance factory and warehouse security and they have safety devices for pedestrian use.
High security shutters
Where additional security and safety measures are needed, these are the ideal doors for factories and warehouses. Benefits include:
- Counter terrorism systems. Terror Screen shutters are designed to meet Loss Prevention Standards as approved by the LPC Fire and Security Board and Expert Group G.
- A choice of shutters depending on the environment. Choose from shutters between Security Rating 1 and Security Rating 4.
- If you are looking for something specific, there is also the option of a custom industrial door system, which can be tailored to meet your needs. This includes ATEX compliant doors for use in environments where there is the risk of an explosion.
If you would like to get personalised advice on warehouse and factory doors, please get in touch.