Hart Door Systems – an introduction
Hart Door Systems is a dynamic, family-founded, British engineering company which manufactures a unique range of industrial door systems covering energy conservation, shop floor environment and efficiency, fire and security. Established over 60 years ago, Hart now supplies door systems throughout the United Kingdom and exports around the World. All manufacturing is completed in Newcastle upon Tyne, continuing its long tradition of first-class engineering. Hart specialises in turn-key projects including design, prototype development, manufacture, installation and after-sales maintenance. Hart delivers on time, on cost and to the required international standards.
Contracts and clients
Hart has worked on high-profile contracts such as Dubai Metro, Heathrow terminals 1 to 5, King Abdullah International airport, Jeddah, St Pancras International and the Olympic stadium (both in London). Hart works with developers and international construction companies. Other high-profile clients include Nestlé, Rolls-Royce, Ford, Jaguar, Land Rover, Nissan, Veolia, Cadbury, Tata Steel, Siemens, British Airways, Procter & Gamble, Arla Foods, Western Power, GlaxoSmithKline and Aesica to name a few.
Become a key member of the Hart team to facilitate the growth and robustness of the quality activities associated within Hart.
- Customer Concern/Complaints/Query: Become actively involved in the root cause identification, corrective actions and preventative actions.
- Root Cause, Corrective & Preventative Actions: Problem solving techniques, internal and supplier issues. Drive business to zero defects.
- Creating quality awareness: Create visual awareness of quality metrics and communication to the business.
- Develop Process Verification & Inspection: Devise methodologies for improving process inspection & verification.
- Process Audits: Develop a process audit plan and execute.
- Cost of quality: Implement methodologies for establishing “cost of quality”.
- Customer/Internal Report Raising: To aid in communication with the customer and for record keeping.
- The ability to communicate clearly, and build relationships with customers, suppliers & Hart employees
- CAPA – methodology
- 7 Tools of quality
- 8D problem solving tools, Is/Is Not, 5 Why’s.
- Good instinct for investigation of issues.
- Work to develop KPIs to underpin objectives. Drive activities to meet objectives and communicate & engage effectively to the business.
- Work with the operations team to improve inspection and verification using control plans, visual SOPs, poke yoke (mistake-proofing), visual standards, quality alerts, gauges and calibration adherence. To implement, take accountability & lead inspection processes during manufacture and upon final release of product from factory
- Devise process audit format and plan to engage work force and identify non-conformities.
- Scrap, defects, returns, complaints, non-value added activities. Identify, track and reduce through structured methodologies. Control quarantine levels.
- Understand how to write professional reports on root cause and follow thorough to complete eradication of the problems.
- Quality Control Plans: Create and Implement QCP’s with the assistance of all the relevant team members.
- Internal Audit: Review the business to ensure department methodologies, processes and procedures are being adhered too
- Meticulous with an understanding of what matters to the customer.
- Perform vertical audits in the business to identify opportunities for improvement.
Qualifications Knowledge & Skills required
- Degree in Quality, Engineering or Manufacturing plus 5 years relevant technical experience, or 10 years direct relevant quality experience without a degree.
- Customer Facing with experience of NCR management, and all the normal quality tools
- An in depth understanding of the manufacturing process; making finished items for sale from raw materials.
- Ideally a knowledge of metal working practices.
- An understanding of fabrication, Chemical and Physical processing, as well as Machining and inspection.
- Must have worked in a prescriptive working environment; Industrial, construction, Nuclear, Project, or Infrastructure.
- Meticulous and able to work under pressure at a high work rate, without a reduction in attention to detail
- Experience of maintaining ISO9001: 2015 accreditation
Ambition to introduce ISO 14001 environmental standards along with driving H&S 18001 standards
- Attitude to deliver and learn new practices, tools and techniques.
- Ability to simplify processes and implement.
- Ability to work unaided.
- Positive attitude
- Internally: Operatives, Quality [MD], Engineers, Production Team Leaders and Production Managers.
- Externally: Senior Management, Directors, Departmental Managers, Quality and Technical representatives
Future Training Requirements .
External . ISO9001 trained internal auditor.
Internal : . Product training & internal tools training
ALL TRAINING MUST BE REPORTED AND ANY CERTIFICATES GAINED FORWARDED TO HR
Appraisal & Training requirements:
A 3 month & 6 month initial training requirements assessment and appraisal followed by minimum of an annual appraisal & training needs assessment.
Monday to Friday 9.00 – 5.00
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £28,000.00 to £30,000.00 /year
How to apply
Please respond with CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org