High Speed Door – Speedor Storm
The Hart Speedor STORM is an external high-speed fabric door designed for frequent use in high traffic situations. High-speed exterior doors which are in exposed areas require exceptional wind resistance.
The Storm is used predominately as an external rolling door with a unique guide system offering wind resistance up to class 5 as defined by DIN EN 12424, on larger openings up to 6m x 8m.
Due to its fast action automatic opening and its ability to protect against strong wind the energy-saving potential of this rapid roll door is particularly high.
If you’d like to speak to us about how we can help you solve logistical challenges with a completely tailored high-speed door solution, please contact us today on +44 (0) 191 214 0404
The highly rated direct shaft drive with built on frequency inverter. Anti-fall protection to BS:EN12453:2001. Special environment options including IP65i drives and heated insulated covers to prevent moisture build up.
The control panel has been designed to provide for all conceivable options required for automatic door operations and interface with vehicles, specialist equipment including conveyors. Various control panel upgrades are available to suit client interfacing and requirements
Door Dimensions: max 6000 x 8000 mm or a maximum surface area of 48 sq meters. All doors are made to measure to specific requirements. For smaller or internal doors we recommend the Speedor Mini or the Speedor Lite high speed doors.
Multilayer 2400g PVC and textile combine to ensure excellent strength, tear-resistance and long life. The curtain has very good isolation properties, high scratch resistance and is easy to clean. Curtain braces are fixed horizontally within a contrasting PVC pocket which not only offer further strengthening and wind resistance, but also add to the visual appearance of the door system. View Speedor 2mm Twin Layer Fabric Datasheet
The standard door system includes a category E safety light curtain within an IP67 enclosure which protects the required area under the door system to conform to BSEN12453:2001 and ensures a contactless safety system.
Good practice: We recommend that forward warning photocells are fitted between 600mm and 750mm in advance of the door to both sides to act as further safety if pedestrians are to use the doorway.
Further options include traffic or warning lights, Klaxons, presence or movement detection systems. This will provide a non-contact safety system in most cases.
Barrel Hood, Motor Hood and Infills can be supplied as optional items depending on requirements. Available in galvanised sheet or powder coated steel.
System operators are used to open the door, they include induction floor loops, photo cells, radar, hand held or vehicle mounted radio transmitters, press buttons or pull cords. Any of these operators can be used individually or in conjunction with others. They can be used to exclude pedestrians, be a security barrier or open for all.
Standard opening Speed: 1.3 m/s
Standard Closing Speed: 0.4 m/s
The Speedor STORM has variable speed options from 0.5mps up to 1.5mps.
Bracing with wind lock guide and pairs of roller bearings is tested to one tonne loading. Wind loading is dependant on door size and the quantity of horizontal wind bracing across the width of the door. Wind resistance standard BS EN 12424 details levels from class 0 to class 5 tested in the door closed position. Small Speedor Storms can be designed to achieve class 5 whilst larger Speedors Storms with similar structure will achieve class 3.
When deciding on the wind class requirement, it is important to fully consider the unique environment each door system is to be installed within and the implications of building layouts, sizes and the possible resultant pressures on the door system.
Certification / Conformity
- Manufactured under ISO 9001:2015
- Machinery Directive 2008 26/42/EC
- BSEN 12453 & BSEN12444 the machinery directive safety in use of power operated doors
- BSEN 12978 Safety devices for power operated doors
- BSEN 12625 – requirements for the safe installation and use
- Size: Custom- size up to 6000 x 8000 mm
- Speed: Variable speed opening at up to 1.3m/s
- Colour: Yellow, Blue, Red, Green
- Safety: Optical touch sensitive safety bottom edge, safety photocells, movement sensors, presence sensors, laser detection, traffic lights, audible warning
- Operators: Push button, induction loop, photocells, movement sensors, pull cords, hand held or vehicle-mounted radio transmitters, radar
- Vision Panel
- Hood and motor hood covers
- Fast open and close for maximum environmental control and energy usage reduction
- Unique design, optimising flow of traffic and improving room climate
- Extremely reliable making them a cost effective solution
- Galvanised steel construction for enhanced strength
- Highest levels of safety to protect your personnel and equipment
- Tested and certified for full compliance
- UKAC/CE approved for full standard conformity
- Technologically advanced features to boost efficiency
- Distribution warehouses
- Industrial Buildings
- Food Production
- Refuse / Waste Plants
- AD Facilities
- Exposed warehouses
- Large exposed openings