Heathrow Terminal 5
Heathrow Terminal 5
At Heathrow, Hart Door Systems has installed over 50 high-speed smoke/fire doors. Just 2m wide x 1.5m high, these special Speedor doors are high-speed in operation and provide a seal for 30 minutes in the event of fire.
Choosing Hart indicates the quality of engineering required to meet the client’s demanding specification and operating requirements.
The photograph indicates the quality of engineering required to meet the client’s demanding specification and operating requirements.
In addition, Hart installed a mixed package of roller shutter and fire doors in the lower ground service area and fire shutters on the Tube access tunnels leading directly to Terminal 5. These featured frequent operation, high-speed action, fire resistance, security, automatic operation and interface with conveyor systems and other doors.
The contracts have been placed through Vanderlande Industries, Mace, Warings and Balfour Beatty Construction (BBCL).
- BAA invested over £4.2 billion in a brand new terminal building.
- Terminal 5 baggage handling is a 325 million euro project and is believed to be the biggest airport baggage system in the world.
- This building will serve around 35 million passengers a year.
- The baggage system is designed to handle 6000 bags per hour but is believed to be running on an average of 4600 bags per hour on a day to day basis.There is a fully automated warehouse within the baggage handling system which can store up to 7500 bags, the equivalent of 5 jumbo’s worth.Hart were the only company that came up with a solution that fully met all the design requirements.
- Two years after initial talks with the client, Hart has successfully completed manufacture and installation of all the high speed smoke / fire screens within the main check in area, comprising of 102 check-in desks.
For product details referred to please ask for datasheet 114
Client: Vanderlande Industries / Mace / Balfour Beatty
Site: Heathrow Airport T5
Scope: 50 High Speed Smoke Screens / 43 Fire and Security Shutters / 6 Fire Shutters
Refer to datasheet 114