Industrial door service engineers – vacancies – North West, South West & South East England
As a well-established and respected family manufacturing business we have ambitious plans to grow and enhance our service department which maintains and services automatic industrial doors across the UK. As part of the expansion we are looking to hire a number of service engineers based in the North West, South West and South East England.
We are looking to recruit industrial Door Installation Engineers, ideally from an industrial roller door background – if not we will consider someone from an automatic door, lift industry or access control system background.
The long-term vision for the position is to be home based with works to be carried out throughout your area. However due to growth, we currently require a degree of flexibility which will involve the successful candidate being away from home 1-3 nights per week and travel further a-field (overtime and expenses payable).
45 hours per week
As an industrial door engineer you will have knowledge of repairing and maintaining a full range of automatic doors including fast action doors, security roller shutters, fire roller shutters and sectional doors. On a daily basis you will be required to travel to and from your home to various sites, however some overnight stays and weekend work will be required. You will work as part of a UK wide team, servicing and repairing a range of industrial doors. Electrical experience or qualification are preferred due to the type of door you will be working with.
Salary expectations range from £33k-£50k depending on experience and hours worked
- Overtime available
- Private Pension in line with Government legislation and guideline
- Top spec company van renewed every 3 years
- Company mobile and tablet
- Fuel card
- 22 days holiday entitlement plus 8 statutory days increasing after time served
- Industry recognised training, qualifications and accreditation
- Pay structure based on location, qualifications and experience
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SERVICE ENGINEER
- Repairing and servicing a full range of automatic industrial doors
- Electrical fault finding
- Mechanical door repairs
- Reading of drawings and technical instructions
- Efficient planning capability of site visits to customers
- Keeping van stock levels correct for the required work plan
- Completing all customer visits accurately, timely and efficiently
- Completion of all required documentation and ability to use a tablet to both receive and log all completed calls
INDUSTRIAL DOOR SERVICE ENGINEER LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
(we can arrange these for the ideal candidate):
• CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme) (Required).
• Driving License (Required).
• IPAF (Required).
To read more about our service department click here
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org